Friday, January 9, 2009

today's expressions

1. touch base with (sb)
: to make contact with sb again

- I need to touch base with reality occasionally, instead of simply using wishful thinking.
- Touch base with your neighbours regularly and keep them in the loop.


2. be out of one's league
: be too difficult, expensive, etc. for somebody.

- I cannot afford the bag, It's totally out of my league.


3. by means of
- We finally solved our problem by means of a new device created by our research and development department.


4. as for sb/sth
: used to start talking about sb/sth  (As for me, blah~)


5. in favor of
: ~에 찬성하여, ~에 편들어

- I am all in favor of helping out the poor when in need.

6. without regard to[for] 
: ~을 고려하지 않고, ~에 상관없이, 아랑곳없이

- We sold them without regard for profit.

* ~을 무시하고:  in disregard of; without regard for; in definace of

No comments:

Post a Comment